There are dozens of different types of bets in betting, which depend on the specific sport and other features. Therefore, before you start betting, you need to study all their types and features, at least in the sport that you are interested in. One of these types, which is available in almost any sports discipline, is double chance bets. Therefore, it is worth understanding in detail what is double chance in betting, how it works and whether it is worth making such bets. But first things first.
What is double chance in betting?
To begin with, it is worth understanding what a double chance is and how it works. The bet itself is a standard single bet, but it differs in that the bettor receives a win with two out of three possible outcomes.
What is important to consider is that you can bet on a double chance only in those sports where there are three outcomes, in particular, the victory of one of the teams or a draw. For example, this works in football, hockey and other sports.
Types of double chance bets
There are only three types of bets of this type:
- 1X is a bet on the victory of the first team and a draw. Those, if the first team wins, the player makes a profit, just as in the case of a draw. If the victory is for the second team, then the loss.
- Х2 – a draw or a victory of the second team. The situation is similar to the previous version, with the difference that the away team must win or draw.
- 12 – victory of the first or second team. The bet wins in any case, except for the situation when the teams play in a draw.
In general, everything is quite simple and clear. The main point is to choose the right match and the bet itself, in addition, it is worth considering other features, which we will talk about a little later.
How double chance bets are calculated
With what is double chance in betting we figured out, now we need to understand the features of this type of outcomes. The calculation is carried out similarly with the rest of the ordinars. The payout is equal to the amount of the bet multiplied by the coefficient by which it was made. And it does not matter which of the two outcomes will be winning.
The size of the odds depends on what the odds are for each event. The broker’s margin is the same regardless of whether you want to bet on two different events, or on one double outcome.
Rate Calculation Example
Let’s look at an example. Let’s imagine that there is a match “Barcelona” – “Liverpool”. You place a bet of 1000 rubles with a coefficient of 1.75 on 1X.
The options are:
- If Barcelona wins or there is a draw, then you will receive 1750 rubles, i.e. 750 net profit.
- If Liverpool win, you will lose money.
Similarly, if you bet on X2 with a factor of 2 in the same match, then in case of a draw or victory of the second team, you will receive 2000 rubles, and if you lose, you will lose money.
In general, everything is simple and clear. It remains to choose the right bets and the desired outcomes.
Double Chance Betting Strategies
Betters prefer a double outcome in several cases, among them:
- If the first team is the clear favorite. Betting on a double outcome 1X helps to insure funds.
- A similar bet on X2 if the second team is the favorite. A large amount will help insure funds.
- There are two teams that will play as much as possible to win. In this case, it makes sense to bet 12.
- If the favorite is in bad shape or does not need to win in a particular match, then you can bet a small amount on the underdog and a draw, given the high odds.
These are a few main points that are taken into account when choosing this type of bet.
How not to lose money on a double bet?
If you plan to bet on a double outcome, then you need to protect yourself from losing money. To do this, we propose to follow a few basic tips, namely:
- Bet only on those events in which you are 100% sure. No need to risk funds on an event that looks dubious.
- Don’t take big risks.
- Carefully analyze each match you plan to bet on.
- Stick to a certain strategy, both for the rates themselves and for managing the bank.
Sports betting is a very risky area in which people lose large amounts of money every day, and therefore you should be as careful as possible so as not to become one of those who lose their deposit. Additionally, it is worth studying other types of bets, analyzing events, choosing the most profitable strategies and the best bookmakers for yourself. On our site there are additional materials on the choice of bookmakers and other articles that you can read. And if you have questions, our support will help in solving them.